Sunday, October 22, 2006

Topsy-turvy

Left brain: "Why don't you make a Top 10 list?"

Right brain: "A Top what??"

LB: "You know, Top 10 movies, Top 10 books, Top 10 songs..."

RB: "I know what a Top 10 list is, dumb-ass, but why?"

LB: "Why not? Everybody loves making a list of their favorite things. Besides, it's entertaining to read"

RB: "That's the point! Everybody's doing it!!!"

LB: "So?"

RB: "So I'm not doing it!"

LB: "I get it. You want to be different..."

RB: "I am different!!!"

LB: "So what are you writing next?"

RB: "Ahm...about that... I haven't really figured..."

LB: "What about decoding Stephen Hawking's "A brief history of time?" You always say you want your posts to be informative"

RB: "Are you kidding? The book's too freaking convoluted, he had to write "A briefer history of time" just so people could easily grasp what he's saying!"

LB: "A movie review?"

RB: "Too time consuming"

LB: "A poem?"

RB: "Too cheesy"

LB: "A Top 10 list?"

RB: "What if I don't meet 10? What if there's just like, 6 or something?"

LB: "Round it up. There are Top 5's"

RB: "True. You really are good at math, aren't you?"

LB: "That's what we left brains are known for"

RB: "Hey! I have an idea! What if I don't call it a Top 10 list, y'know, give it another name so people will think it's unique?"

LB: "Very creative"

RB: "That way, I wouldn't worry about coming up with exactly 5 or 10... heck, I can write 131 things... or 37.5 if I want to!"

LB: "Brilliant! Besides, you're trying to be different..."

RB: "I am different!!!"

LB: "(and stupid...)"

RB: "Shut up..."

The Top 10 Advertising Campaigns of the 20th Century

1. Volkswagen, "Think Small" campaign by Doyle Dane Bernbach, 1959








2. Coca-Cola, "The pause that refreshes" by D'Arcy Co., 1929










3. Marlboro, The Marlboro Man by Leo Burnett Co., 1955








4. Nike, "Just do it" by Wieden & Kennedy, 1988





5. McDonald's, "You deserve a break today" by Needham, Harper & Steers, 1971




6. DeBeers, "A diamond is forever" by N.W. Ayer & Son, 1948








7. Absolut Vodka, The Absolut Bottle by TBWA, 1981










8. Miller Lite beer, "Tastes great, less filling", McCann-Erickson Worldwide, 1974








9. Clairol, Does she...or doesn't she?", Foote, Cone & Belding, 1957









10. Avis, "We try harder", Doyle Dane Bernbach, 1963



No comments: